DIY guide to installing WordPress & WooCommerce for your online store
To install WordPress and WooCommerce to your hosting server may appear intimidating at first, but it is very simple, we are here to show you how! If you have not yet signed up for a hosting server, why not give SiteGround a try? You can have a look at SiteGround yourself at the link below:
In this DIY guide, we will show you how to install WordPress & WooCommerce to your website using SiteGround. We will separate this guide into two sections, WordPress & WooCommerce.
Once you have signup for the SiteGround WordPress hosting package and chose your domain name, you will receive all necessary login information in an E-mail from SiteGround.
1. Login to SiteGround.
2. Once you are logged in, navigate to the “Website” tab and select cPanel.
3. Select WordPress Installer in your cPanel
4. Click the blue box that says “Install”. Your Domain should automatically be populated, enter you site name, description, your admin login information, admin Email and ensure “WordPress Starter” is checked. Click “Install” for SiteGround to start your WordPress installation.
5. Wait for the progress bar to fill and you should receive an installation successful message. Click on the “Administrative URL” link and proceed to your WordPress website login.
Congratulation! You have successfully installed WordPress for you store!
The Administrative URL that you were provided by WordPress in Step 5 above is what you will use to login to your WordPress website from this point on. Keep following this guide to install WooCommerce on to your website.
- On the WordPress login screen, enter the Username and Password that you had created previously in Step 4 of WordPress installation and login.
2. Once you logged in for the first time, you will see a WordPress Starter Wizard, following the wizard to setup your WordPress website.
3. On your second screen, you will choose a theme, on the left, you will have a categories selection which helps you choose a design theme that best suits your need. Select the design theme that is most appealing to you. And make sure you have WooCommerce selected before clicking Confirm.
4. On the next screen, select the functionalities you need and continue.
* Please note that some of these third-party functionality plugins may be restrictive if you don’t sign up for their subscription plan. You can always add or remove plugins later in the WordPress Plug-in management window
5. Select “Complete” to complete your first-time WordPress setup. And go to your dashboard to see the backend of your new website!
6. After you navigated to your dashboard, verify that you see “WooCommerce” on your left navigation bar.
Congratulation! You have successfully installed WooCommerce for your store.
SiteGround offers free SSL encryption, free daily backs & free WordPress installation. We at ShienaDesign are proud partner of site ground, and has been with them with more than 3 years now. Their customer service, server speed & security are exceptional
If you want to explore the popular WordPress page builder, Elementor, check out the banner below:
(Full disclosure: we are an affiliate for this company, which means if you use the above link to give it a trial run, we do earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thanks in advance if you do choose to go through the links & banners above!)